RE: RE: RE: Saturday Carlsbad drags

From: John Mautz (jmautz@home.com)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 21:32:19 EST

Scott,

Thanks for the link. The guy that did the exhaust on 4x4 Durango ran it on
a DynoJet and said that the "flash readings were 236.1 HP @ x RPM." I had
never heard of 'flash reading' before so I wasn't sure if it was a real
number or the spike that occurs during a shift points on the auto trans.
Anyway the Virginia site you posted estimated a 238.62 HP at the wheels and
310.20 HP at the flywheel. So this gives me a better feeling for what my
5.9L 4x4 Durango is putting out. I know it's and estimate but it is very
close to what I was told so I'm happy!!

John Mautz
'99 Durango SLT+, 5.9L, 4x4, 3.55 LSD, QuickD Air Intake, QuickD 51.75 mm
TB, Mesa Headers, Mesa 3" cat and 3" cat-back (Magnaflow), Dual Perma-cool
electric fans(1-14", 1-12"). Best 1/4 ET = 16.059@84.91