Re: Vacuum Guage WAS: Question for you guys with 4.7 and a 5-speed

From: ScottH216@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 17:27:43 EST

<< ... Its just a light that tells you when you should shift if you want
to get the best gas mileage. You're free to ignore it, and most folks do.
:-) I felt like disconnecting it at first, but I have come to appreciate it.
 Its nice to have when I'm trying to make it to the next gas station on
fumes... :-) >>

It's just a vacuum guage hooked up to a light. Once the vacuum reaches a
certain point, it comes on to tell you it thinks it's time to shift. You can
accomplish the same thing with a regular dial vacuum guage, or you can ignore
it and shift when you like...

Scott
'94 Dakota 318 - 15.24 @ 89
'68 Camaro 355 - 12.02 @ 112