Cayuga/St. Thomas race (was: Dakota questions)

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 19:03:00 EST

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Bob Tom wrote:

> At 12:22 PM 2/7/00 -0500, you wrote:
> >Hi! Bob, My 91 Dak brochure has 4X4 V8 CCs. What are you up to now?
> >How about You, Me, and the Boss Man Jon having a 3 way dance, heads-up
> >racing at Cayuga on a Street Race Friday Night? Sounds like fun, EH!!!
> > Dave Waco
[...]
> A heads-up amongst the three of us (and any other interested Daksters)
> would be great! There was a fellow up from the Buffalo area on the
> last day of the track with a '99(?) pretty stripped RC Ram with a 360.
> He used to run at Cayuga many years ago and his son has a '97 318 Dak.
> We ran a heads-up after we both went out in the elimination rounds.
> I was lucky enough to edge him at the line by a couple of hundredths
> because I had to get off the pedal twice to get it to shift into
> third and the fact that I had a .517 reaction time (was pumped).
>
> According to the present owner of St. Thomas Dragway,
> Fri. nights are also when the local R/Ters around the London, Ont.
> area have their get-togethers as well. He says a couple run 14.8x
> and 14.9x with the rest in low to mid 15s.
>
> Maybe Jon can trailer up with his Ram now. Hope to have a few
> new small additions so that I can just be competitive.

   Yepper, sounds like fun to me. :-) One of the reasons I got
the Ram was so I could race my Dak at places outside of my AAA towing
range, like Cayuga. :-) Assuming I can keep from blowing up my
engine with a missed shift, it would be fun to show those R/Ts what
we yankees can afford to do since we don't have to pay a 15% tax on
everything along with customs broker fees. ;-)

                                              -Jon-

  .--- jon@dakota-truck.net -- or -- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ------------.
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `---------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'