Boyz in blue

From: Ken Allgood (kallgood@charter.net)
Date: Mon Feb 07 2000 - 21:33:06 EST

Well, took a look at my dash today, and as stated, piece of cake to take the
dash off.. Just pulled it off to find out what I need ot put my deck in
(wire harness and face plate). So off to circuit city, buy them, and off I
go.. got maybe an hour before sunset.. would like to get it done 2night..
well, low and behold, about 1/2 way down the interstate, I hear the infamous
thump....thump....thump..thump..thump thump THUMPTHUMP.. lucky me, I'm in
left lane, but manage to get over to right lane and pull it over. Get it
and instantly know the tire is trash.. big ol' rip in the sidewall....
so, open up back seat, grab the jack, pull out the spare and get to work..
everything went smoothly.. and I was thinking while doing this, would be
funny for the boys in blue to show up just as I finish, as impeccible as
their timing is.. so I get the spare on, start lowering the truck, and low
and behold.. YOU GOT IT.. boys in blue show up on cue, strobes and all.
Well, cop was nice enough to put the flat in the bed (love trucks for
that...hehe).. Just wanted to check on me, and headed on off.. I *DARE*
you to say that's a coincidience :)

btw.. Sandtubes make an EXCELLENT alternate as a block to put around the
wheels while changing a tire :)

Ken Allgood
97 cc slt 5.2L

(btw.. no nail noticed on tire.. hmmm)