SLT Chrome Bumpers

From: ekammerer@pmc-mail.com
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 07:58:35 EST

The rear bumper on my 98 SLT began peeling and pitting about a year after I
bought the truck. Dodge replaced it under warranty. Seemed like a lot of
the 97 and 98 Sports had trouble with the paint peeling and the bumpers
rusting, but Dodge must have gotten a handle on that. One thing I did not
like about the SLT bumpers is the grey/beige color they make the plastic
inserts, but I solved that by getting a Driftwood two tone, which matches
the plastic pretty well.

I think all the rear bumpers on the 97+ are weak, because they have nothing
but plastic in the middle where the license plate is. I lightly bumped a
wall (barely moving), and mine bent on the right hand side. That, and some
considerate person in the parking lot at work dinged the right corner of my
front bumper. Grrrrr!

Eric Kammerer
98 5.2L Auto CC 4x4