Whining in Front end...Fan Clutch maybe??

From: Terry Corder (terryc@snesystems.com)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 11:46:17 EST

I am having problems with a whining in the fron end of my 99 sport 4x2.
I think it might be the Fan Clutch but am not sure, has anyone else
heard of this or seen it on one of their vehicles? There has been a lot
of Salt on the road as of late and I thought that maybe something may
have gotten in there and caused a problem but I am not sure. When I
shut off the engine I get a squeek for about 3 seconds, 2 or 3
revolutions of the fan blade. Any help is appreciated.

Terry Corder
99 RC 4x2 V6