Re: Re:electric sg'er ATTN: bernd cams attn Mike S.

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@flash.net)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 20:44:33 EST

At 08:05 PM 2/8/2000 -0500, you wrote:

> > but it was done with no forced induction or nitrous. You can make more
> > power safely with optimizing the VE (volumetric efficiency) of an engine.
>
>I am also not trying to start a war...... BUT.... I know for a fact... Ive
>taken the classes, and done the math, that when you put forced incudtion
>on an engine the primary reason it works so well is becuase you increase
>the volumetric efficiency. In fact top fuel drag cars acheive a VE of over
>1.
>
>Clay

Yes that is true. But putting a blower or running lots of nitrous on a
stock engine is not a good thing. Sure it gives you power, but the stock
motor was not designed for that loading. Riding the stocker too hard will
end up ruining your day. Beef up the rotating assembly, (Good quality cast
or forged steel crank, forged rods, forged pistons, and have it properly
balanced), optimize the engine breathing for forced induction, then force
as much air as you can down it's neck and hold on. As an old hot rod
friend of mine used to say: "Meet Jesus at 15 psi".

Mike

mschwall@flash.net