RE: Ping Question

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 21:56:23 EST

Correct to a point. I'm not the one who stated that DC is coming out with a
new TSB to retard the timing, i'm the one who thinks that they should just
replace the factory timing curve with one that is a little bit less
aggressive. The factory timing curve put the full 40 degrees in by 2200rpm
at little throttle and when you step on the pedal a little bit more, it
pings pretty bad. If someone isn't running premium fuel, this is going to
cause pinging problems. Now the funny thing is that the '99 models have the
worst problem with this so that tells me that something changed. Whether
it's the quality control on the sensors, quality control on the factory-line
builds (checking the sensors to make sure their within spec), or just some
programmer at DC who thinks that everyone should be running 104 Octane Race
Fuel (not a bad idea...hehehe).

Don't know for sure what it is...but as I had posted in a previous email,
gut feeling is the q/c on the sensors.

I still haven't heard anything back from DC but i'm not stopping the emails
to them requesting some assistance with a solution. "Being polite is one
thing, being persistent gets things done."

$0.02

- Bernd