Engine Help

From: durling@attglobal.net
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 22:25:43 EST

I have a problem and was wondering if you guys & girls could give me
some thoughts on this. About 8k maybe 10k ago I replaced my spark plugs
with a set of truck plugs. Also, I replaced my cap and rotor for a brass
one at the same time. I didn't replace my plug wires then because I
wanted msd wires and at the time nobody had them in stock. We'll I
waited and finally got them and put them on very recently so you can see
the difference in mileage in which I did all of this. What has been
happening is about 2k to 3k ago my truck has started to have a little
rough idle. Not bad just you know it's there and it can be annoying. A
friend of mine said it seems as though it's missing a little. We'll I
figured it was because my plug wires were crap and when I replaced them
everything would be fine. It wasn't. The problem still seems to be there
and I'm not sure as to what is the cause. Could the crappy plug wires
have fouled a plug or two. I replaced my tb with one from B&F and it
came with the IAS sensor but I don't think that is the problem but i'm
not sure. I havn't had time to pull the plugs since I was just going to
get another set and replace them and see what happens. I'm just looking
for opinions my truck has 44k on it and was also wondering if it could
be the O2 sensor? any info is appreciated. Oh, it rums perfectly fine
when you get going just idles a little rough.

Another problem. My front sway bar end links have gone to crap
especially on the drivers side. My tires are rotated and balanced
recently and the front end is in perfect alignment. I have also checked
the ball joints. would the end link cause the truck to have a small
irregular shake in it? Like going over a road with very small washboard
bumps in it? The front shocks are brand new about 2k ago and the problem
only started up about 600 miles ago. It's not that bad but you an feel
it through the steering wheel. I'm getting all of the front end bushings
replaed under warrenty including the end links but was just seeing what
you all had to say. Again, any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for the long post just wanted to make sure everything was
explained.
Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport - 318