Re: Pre-Mag w/ 31" tires

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 22:46:19 EST

> >>anybody know if you can fit 31" tires on the pre-mag trucks, (without a
> lift) i think their wheel wells are smaller and came with shorter rubber.
>
> I don't know fer sure, but I know that it would apply to any Dak 87-96.
> I think our pre-97 4x4 Guru here is Kyle or Walt.

Well thanks for the nice word Mike, far from guru in my opinion, but thanks
anyways. I know with the factory fender flares the wheel well openings on my
Dak(93) is about 32 3/8" across. I know the stock size tire for my
4x4(GenII) is LT235-75R15; I even want to say(not 100%) sure though is that
some GenI 4x4 Daks came with a notch or two smaller tire. I dont for a fact
that 30x9.50's will fit and there will be NO rub at full suspension
compression. I also know for a fact that 31x10.50s will fit fine with NO
lift at all, but a minor 1/2" or so torsion bar adjustment may want to be
done to help out with clearance. I am pretty sure also that there shouldnt
be any rubbing at full suspension compression. With the wider tire, not by
much just an inch, you may have alittle rubbing if turning the wheel all the
one to one side. Hope this helps somewhat.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6