Re: Blowers (intercooler)

From: Clay Cooke (cooke@ecn.purdue.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 12:33:58 EST

> besides it called a aftercooler from vortech its a water to air unit .
> intercoolers are air to air

Not that it makes any difference at all... but both are really
aftercoolers. Aftercoolers are heat exchangers that fit after the
compressor, no matter what is used for heat transfer. An intercooler
either fits before, but I think that is a precooler, or somewhere else in
the system, but technically an intercooler is not what is used, somewhere
along the lines of who knows what the terms got mixed up... Trust me, when
I got a lecture from a lab TA last year when doing experiments on a
Cummins turbo diesel and asked a question about the "Intercooler".... and
i was "politely" informed it was an aftercooler with LOTS of reasons why
:)

Clay