RE: RE: Vipertruck VS. Chebby SS10 (kinda long) - now ownership luck?

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 22:23:51 EST

> hehe, Luck's my middle name... you'll love this even more then
>
> I bought my 97 over thanksgiving, and brought it back down
> here to TN. Did
> the financian thru Chrysler financial Corp cause had to do
> it out of state
> financing. Set up 1st pmt of truck due jan 10th, 2000. 2
> Weeks after I got
> the truck, the business mgr from the dealership calls me
> and tells me that
> Chrysler had switched contracts, and we had filled out the
> old ones. So he
> was fed-ex'ing me the new ones, and just needed me to sign
> them, so no prob.
> 1 Week before christmas, I get my truck registered, etc. 1
> week later, get
> my dad to sign the contract over christmas cause he had to
> co-sign on the
> loan. 1st Week in January, I get the contract back to the
> dealership, and
> about the same time I get the title to the truck in the
> mail??? It's in my
> name with no Lien on it??? Well, I figure something is a
> little screwy
> cause I hadn't received anything from the bank yet either regarding
> payments. I figure they are just behind because the
> contract got in late,
> etc. So I wait about 2 weeks, but still no word from the
> bank. So I call
> the dealership, and tell him what's up. Says he'll call
> them in the morning
> and call me back. I wait a week, but no word. So I call
> him back. Says he
> called them and they were suppose to call me, so I give him
> both my hm# and
> wrk#, and he says he'll call them back, and have them get a
> hold of me.
> Today my 2nd payments is due and STILL no word from the
> bank and I have no
> way of reaching them... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dude if the bank does not reach you within 90 days that truck is your's free
and clear. You have the title and pocession is 9/10th's of the law. Just
recently a woman in NYC got a checks for a total of $177,000 in her bank
account. Thinking that she won a lottery she entered she spent the money,
the banks caught on over 180 days later, and took her to court. Banks lost
cause under FDIC rules the banks have only 90 days to correct there mistake.
Too bad so sad,sucks to be them! But make sure that you keep records of your
phone calls and stuff. Now sit back and wait, but put your payments in an
interest bearing account so if CFC decides to cal you on it you have the
cash(plus interest) to give'm. If they never get back to you, you got
something for nothing. Damm I envy you!

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ