Re: Re[2]: IMPORTANT! IMPORANT! White face guages pre-97 dakota IMPORTANT!

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 23:19:05 EST

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Michael Clark wrote:

> >> Hmmmm I talked to the guy and he said it would go to my 125? What the hell?
> >> Greg
> >>

> > When I called in to order mine, the guy asked what year my truck was, so
> > maybe they are going to make both?
>
> What's the number to call? I need to get a answer on this before I commit to
> a sell.

  I've got 2 phone numbers for 'em from Chris:

  818-501-4214 or 818-986-2804

   By the way, I was thinking about what if we fall short by a few orders,
and I'd like to propose one possible solution... If there are some
people who would like to "loan" some money to the DML, I could order
however many sets we need, and sell them on e-bay with a reserve of
maybe $110 or so, then when they are sold, I could pay you back whatever
you loaned me, plus extra for your trouble, and maybe a little bit
could go into the DML coffers. I'd do this myself, but I'm already in
the red thanks to the calendars, so I can't really afford to risk it
by myself. But maybe if the risk were spread across a bunch of people
it would be workable? For example, if 5 people loaned $20, one additional
set could be purchased. 8 people at $25 each = 2 sets, etc... I've
thought about buying a few extra sets just to make some money for myself,
but at this point in time, I can't really justify the expense as I don't
know how long it would take to sell them. Still, for a one of a kind
item like this, I would think a premium price could be fetched. Speaking
of which, what I don't understand is why NR auto wouldn't make these a
part of their regular product line? They're going to go through all the
trouble of setting up the tooling just to make one limited run? Doesn't
make sense to me. ?

  Anyway, hopefully enough people will order so this won't even be an
issue, but I thought I'd throw that idea out there just in case.

  TTYL!

                                              -Jon-

  .--- jon@dakota-truck.net -- or -- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ------------.
  | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
  `---------------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'