Tango with a 5.0 mustang on the highway

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 05:33:54 EST

Well, I had a little tango with a 5.0 mustang on the highway today. I was
cruisin and here come this mustang flying by me probably doing 40 more miles
than I am. so i give it a little more gas to keep up with the guy so I can
get home a little earler (this was about at midnight) well. there's a turn
from I-635 to I-35 and the ramp slows you down to 35 miles, but he guns it
around the turn but gets stopped by a thunderbird or something...

so I think he must think I want to race him, but I gunned it (lost) but I was
surprised I hanged with him until 115+ MPH. I started fearing for cops and
just took the earliest exit and went the long way home (ironic.. huh?)
anyways. what is the gearing of the mustangs? Are they made for low end
torque? this guy had a hood, FAT and wide wheels and looked like he had a
custom exhaust.

how come I didn't totally get creamed? i mean, he got about 4 car lengths
ahead of me over 100, but we both hit the gas at 50 and I was behind him so
he got the jump on it too. maybe these 5.0 mustangs aren't so bad on the
highway...?
-Dester