Magnaflow on my 00 4.7L

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 17:10:05 EST

Hey,
Just wanted to say I got a Magnaflow 2.5 in 2.5 out put on my truck today for
75 bucks. I almost went with a dynomax superflow, cause it would be quiter
than the magnaflow. Well, the magnaflow is still too quiet. It is not as
loud as the magnaflow I had on my 92. While my truck was up on the lift, I
looked at the downpipe. This thing is choked straight from the factory. The
downpipes are tiny, and the two mini-cats are the reason its so quiet.
I noticed a drop in RPM's by about 200 (one notch). Not much for
performance, although I know that just a muff aint gonna do that much.
I really think it needs a better (bigger) downpipe.
Does anyone that lives in the midwest or the south have these mini cats? I
am wondering if this is part of the Northeastern states (and CA) emissions.
Overall, It does sound good and if its like the muff on my 92, it will get
louder as it ages.
Speaking of that, I still have the cat back system off my 92. Its a one
piece dual outlet system with 4" tubes. If any one in the MD area wants to
buy it, lemmekno.
Boog