Re: synthetic oil help

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 17:54:55 EST

heathernlonestar@hotmail.com writes:

<< I changed mine after 3000 miles. When the truck hit that mark I switched
 Mobil 1 synthetic and have been on it ever since. I change mine religiously
 at every 6,000 miles. Some say you should change it every 3,000 but...I've
 always done this on all my vehicles and have never had any oil "problems" >>

heather i found out no benefit between the synthetic and the regular oil. i
used valvoline in my GMC and i had 150 000 miles on the motor. i just changed
the oil at 3000 miles intervals. On my wifes GMC jimmy i use the valvoline
synthetic and i change it every 6000 miles. internally either car seems ok
since the compression is the same on both cars. on the GMC truck ( bro in
law drives it now) he has 180 000 miles and no problems. Just stick to the
same kind of oil. i found out when you go and change the oil using different
brands all the time they all have different cleaning propleties and it
builds up carbon in the lifter valleys and slows the oil flow
Rob