Re: Re: 5.2 vs4.7

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 15:55:19 EST

In a message dated 2/12/00 11:43:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
acolona@i-55.com writes:

<<
> Does anybody have an opinion. Is there anybody that has a 4.7 that
 wishes
> they had a 5.2?
>
> Long live the 318

I had a 92 318 and it is still awesome, even with th stock computer and
exhaust. I left the JBA's on when I sold it to my Grandfather.
I bought a 00 with the 4.7l and I have to say it runs just as good as the
318. I too had my doubts when I bought it, it was too different, plus the
tranny seemed to want to rob even more from the engine. However, after
breaking her in, it runs just as good as my ol 318 did.
In fact the OHC eliminates the lag in middle-to top end of second gear. I
like this engine, just wish the 46RE could be mated to it.
Unfortunately the 318 is dead and gone, make way for the OHC Hemi's!
Boog