3 exhausts later, Flowmaster ROCKS!!!

From: Quiktruk99@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 17:37:18 EST

Well, my search is finally over. I now have the meanest sounding Dak in the
area! After doing research the hard way by buying & installing the systems,
here's the results: 1st was the Gibson side-exit 3" single w/polished tip.
Better rumble than stock, but still not loud enough for me. Sold this system
to Jason Yates in NV & he loves it on his Dak. 2nd was the JC Whitney
split-rear exit 2.5" system, which was a bitch to install but had more of a
growl, like the old Thrush Cherry Bombs. I still wasn't getting the sound I
wanted. SO I finally bought a Flowmaster 40 series DeltaFlow 3" in/ dual 2.5"
out, and had Meineke in Elizabeth cut out the JCW muffler, weld in the
Flowmaster, and weld new Hooker 3.5" slash-cut tips on. He started the truck
up & VVVVVVVVAARRROOOMM!!!!!!!!!! That"famous" Flowmaster rumble filled the
shop! Blub Blub Blub Blub Just like my '71 Challenger R/t 383 Magnum 4-spd.
used to do! I've found the Holy Grail of exhausts! The Delta Flow is the way
to go, 'cause after riding around today, there's not any of that "resonance"
I've seen people mention, but everyone turns & looks me over when I go by!
I'm totally happy with the sound inside & out, and the truck seems a bit
quicker now than with the JCW muffler ( a perforated-tube design). Total cost
was $78 for Flowmaster 9430412, $44 for 2 Hooker tips, $79 labor to weld
everything in with new hangars. Now I can't hear the ping anymore. SUCCESS!

Kevin / NJ
99 Black Sport+ CC(no decals) / 318 auto 2wd / 3:92 SG
OEM wheel flares / 1.5"& 2" drop / Dunlop GT Qualifiers
F&B Stage1 / MSD 6a(plugs@.050") / Mallory wires / Echlin cap & rotor
K & N Gen II FIPK / 180 HD t-stat / Flex-a-lite dual 12" fans( spring of '00)
Flowmaster 40 Deltaflow split-rear exit exhaust / Hooker tips
Lakewood traction bars / spring clamps
Pace Edwards Roll-Top / Bedrug
African Rosewood interior kit / Wet Okole seat covers
Kenwood 140w stereo w/6 cd changer / silver DML stickers
VISIT MY TRUCK AT: <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/quiktruk99/DARKDODGE.htm">
THE DARKDODGE</A>