Re: Stock Decal Removal??

From: Chuck and Loreen (clrobbins@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 18:47:55 EST

    What I did and it worked well was to use a blow dryer. Heat the
stickers up and when they are warm, peel a corner back with your
fingernail. When you have enough sticker to grip with your fingers,
slowly advance the blow dryer and at the same time, gently pull on
the sticker. It will take a little practice, but they come off easy.
    Once the stickers are off, there will probably be some residual glue.
Use some Goo-Gone (I think that's the name) or WD-40 with a soft
cotton cloth. Softly wipe the glue off, being sure to frequently find a
clean spot on the cloth.
    Once the decals are removed, there should be a "ghost image" of the
decals (at least there was on mine). I suppose you could use this to
place your new decals. Or if you decide not to replace the decals, a good
polish and wax job will remove the "ghost images"

Good Luck,
Chuck Robbins
'99 Sport v6 5spd 2wd RC
http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins