Re: 5.2 vs4.7

From: Donny M Hayes (donny_m_hayes@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 19:48:04 EST

Well, even though this is a moot point since the 318
is now gone, I have experienced both the 5.9 in my 98
RT and now the 4.7 in my 00 SLT. In my opinion the
4.7 is a much better engine than the 5.9...no torque
isn't quite as high, but driveability, sound,
performance is much better to me. I never did more
than test drive a 318, but the 4.7 seemed stronger to
me. Now of course, the greater torque in the 318
might be more important to the 4x4 guys/gals but for
commuting and the occassional run to the hardware
store, the 4.7 seems like a good choice.

And finally, to be fair, if you are going to replace
filter/exhaust on the 318, to compare, do the same to
the 4.7...

just my fairly long .02