Re: pulley pricing??

From: Dave Scelfo (macncheesemonster@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 20:12:17 EST

Gee, I must seem like the biggest complainer lately. I have had a few
experiences with Summit. For the most part I find them extremely helpful
but last time I tried to order that super popular Summit Tach with shift
light for 34.95 or whatever. Anyways, it came to 40something dollars. I
said why? He said 4.95 handling, look onthe order form so I did and there
it is, in writing. Not second hand, "I've ordered from them and didnt pay
it" or "I ordered and payed it." So the guys tells me its in stock
(September 1998). Get a card in the mail saying its backordered and will
ship in 10 days. 10 days later, another card. 10 days later, you get the
point. October's credit card bill arrives and there is a charge for the
damned tach. I call them and they say its their policy to charge for
backorders. I was under the impression that this is illegal but I'm just a
dumb kid, what do I know? Anyways, christmans comes and I dont have it so I
cancelled my order and havent ordered from them since. JEGS ever since.
Not saying I wont go back but whatever... My wounds arent healed yet ;)

--
Dave