Re: Re: 5.2 vs4.7

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 17:01:26 EST

In a message dated 2/13/00 10:22:20 AM Pacific Standard Time,
acolona@i-55.com writes:

<< actually mine ran a 15.4 stock. and it's an extra-cab

is that a 2wd?? My 92 318 4x4 ran 15.36 best and I think this 4.7 will do
just as good stock as it did with JBA's, MP comp., and exhaust.

Look lets stop this stupid thread. The 4.7 is a damn good motor, the 318 is
a damn good motor. You cant just compare motors when nothing else is
consistent, the trannies are different, the computers are different, 3.55's
vs. 3.91's 235's vs. 31's RC. CC. QC. GVWR, gas, barometeric pressure,
altitude, temp, humidity, driver ability/performance....there are too many
factors to be considered. Hell one truck might win a race just because it
dosent have windshield wipers (drag coefficients).

You guys are acting like fools.. I know, I am one too!
Lets just all get along, take it to the streets if ya have to, I'll race any
318 RC 4x4 with just a KNN drop in filter and a muffler. I may lose....who
knows?
Boog
00 4.7 sport RC 4x4 3.55's auto 6" bed