Re: 5.2 vs4.7

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 21:32:50 EST

In a message dated 2/13/00 1:09:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, acolona@i-55.com
writes:

> I'm not picking on you
> personally, it's just that I'm sick of seeing all these freaking
> manufacturers throwing away great motors that need a few improvements to go
> with these ohc engines.

There is only one reason for the change Profit, they are cheaper to build.
The manufactureres main concern is profit and these type motors give them
more profit. Now you didn't notice a price drop when they came up with a
cheaper way to build motors did you ? Then they got more profit and I'm
shurrrrr they needed it for their yachts and airplanes and such. So far as if
the 4.7 is as good a motor is way too soon to tell but we know the 318 is and
always will be. If the 4.7 or whatever motor they come up with ends up better
than fine but you can hammer the 318's or 360's for not being a good motor..

Bill