re 4.7--towing

From: Donny M Hayes (donny_m_hayes@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 08:53:40 EST

Well, I towed with my RT (before I knew of the
problem) about a 1800lb boat. Have since towed same
with 4.7 and really didn't notice any difference. The
new auto trans is supposed to have a slightly lower
first gear I think...so maybe that makes up for the
engine differences...I don't think the 4.7 will have
any problem handling anything it's rated for.

--- FalRan66@aol.com wrote:
> well has any of u guys that has the 4.7 previously
> owned a 5.2 and has towed
> with both. i was wondering what differences in
> performance, like does the 5.2
> tow better around the city or 4.7 on highway better.
> i believe the 4.7 would
> be better for everyday driving witch i think that is
> why dodge dodge went to
> the 4.7 but i havnt seen any comments on its towing
> thanx
>
> Joe
> 95.2 3.55sg

=====