Re: Lift?don't think it can be done36's

From: Ohm347@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 02:09:36 EST

In a message dated 02/14/2000 10:47:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
SS454454@aol.com writes:

<< I just saw a dakota that had pre runner fenders. i pulled the dude over
and
 he said it was all stock with 33s no ru=bbing. he said he tried 35s but he
 needed a 3 inch lift.
 Rob

john mckinneys truck is my comp's wall paper as an incentive for me to lift
mine.
when i look at his clearance from his 33 super swampers to the rear of the
wheel well there is only about three inches of clearance with the tires
straight. my 31 x 10.5's rub on the frame already at full lock. with out
lift 33's might fit(took some measurements) but you couldn't do anything with
the truck but drive straight. sure you might be able to stick a set of
36x12.5's on the truck with the tuff country 5.5" lift and a body lift but if
you tried to actually use the truck at that point i'm pretty sure you could
kiss the tires and the fenders goodbye.
derek
oh ya. a 32x12'5 will not be 32inches tall when mounted on a 9.5 or 10.5 inch
wide rim. that is how you get a 33 on a stock dak. but then whats the
point. having bigger tires is about getting more clearance(for me anyways)
kind of stupid to put an oversized tire on an undersized rim and gain all
that side wall for flexing in corners making the truck more unstable.