Re: Lift?don't think it can be done36's

From: SS454454@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 02:41:27 EST

In a message dated 02/15/2000 7:10:33 AM !!!First Boot!!!, Ohm347@aol.com
writes:

<< oh ya. a 32x12'5 will not be 32inches tall when mounted on a 9.5 or 10.5
inch
 wide rim. that is how you get a 33 on a stock dak. but then whats the
 point. having bigger tires is about getting more clearance(for me anyways)
 kind of stupid to put an oversized tire on an undersized rim and gain all
 that side wall for flexing in corners making the truck more unstable.

well this was set up right. he just had it down cold. he told me that with
15x10 it would all fit. i forgot to ask about the backspacing he had the bed
skins with flared out sides. looked wicked. he said 35 looked too big for it
plus too much work to make them fit. he seemed really happy with 33s and he
said he gained 1 1/2 inches of clearance under the rear and front axle. it
looked very nice and tough. i wish i snapped a pic of it
Rob