Re: Cams?(2)

From: Michael J. Satterfield (mikeys01@flash.net)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 06:56:13 EST

Jeremiah,

Q: In my engine, do I have stock roller lifters?

A: All 92 and higher Magnum engines have roller lifters.

Q: Should I get new ones?

A: Not necessarily. If the mileage is low (ask someone like Compcams) your
stock ones will be ok. You can then use the extra $ to get roller rocker
arms.

Q: Adjusting valve lash every 300 miles would get old. That's mechanical
cams, correct?
      Roller cams shouldn't need any maintenance, right?

A: Hydraulic regular or Hydraulic roller cams do not require any
maintenance once they're setup at installation.

Hope this helps and thanks for the Mopar computer tips as well as the
pricing tips!

Mike