Re: stock puter?

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 10:31:07 EST

Jon Smith wrote:

> Other than loosing quite a chunk o power, am I going to hurt anything by
> using the stock PCM on my motor? TB, headers, slight intake work, straight
> pipes, etc etc.. Buck and a half for hightest is gettin to me, but I won't
> switch back if it's gonna make the motor too lean
> ___________________

I hear ya brother - its around $1.55 here also. I've gone back to stock
several times lately - but for some reason, I keep swapping back and forth
8-). I would bet that you will still be ok on the mixture at WOT. Best way to
know is just to run an air/fuel gauge. I use Autometers 2-1/16 Pro-Comp
Ultra-Light model - it was like $39. A very cool looking gauge with like 14
LEDs in 3 colors around the whole perimeter. Great insurance for that price!
Everyone comments that it looks like a "light show" going on. It is soon to go
into a 3-gauge pillar pod alongside a tranny temp, and fuel pressure as soon as
I get the isolator and stainless hose kit to mount the FP gauge.

Oh yeah - for those who dont know - in the Mopar Performance catalog, there is
a little aluminum adapter block that goes between one of the tranny cooling
lines and the tranny just for mounting the temp gauge sender. I thought I was
gonna have to drill and tap the pan - NOT! MP-a love hate relationship 8-)

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam w/lots of mods (mine)
'96 IndyRam w/lots of options (wifes) - also a numbered (#142) "Track Truck"