Re: Ping Fix ??? Would this make the difference ????

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 08:14:02 EST

Are you sure they said exhaust and not intake manifold? If it is the exhaust
manifolds I'd be real interested in knowing why they think this will fix it...
As I've said before, when I replaced my exhaust manifolds with headers my ping
seems to have gone bye, bye. I've heard a lot of good explanations from the
list as to why that is, but I'd also like to know what a dealerships theory on
this is as well. Whenever I've broached this with dealers around here, they
look at me like they are a puppy dog that's heard a strange noise (ya' gotta be
a dog owner to know that look!). :-)
Tom