Re: Re[2]: RT Spanked by Toyota?

From: Gene Rivers (webmaster@mopars.net)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 02:41:51 EST

Comrades,

The R/T has a poor boy driveshaft loop, a crossmember that works pretty
good. At least it kept mine from trashing the rear wheels and tires.
The driveshaft came loose from the pinion yoke (rear) not the front. I too
advise driveshaft loops for all race trucks and cars.
On another note, the driveshaft in my 95 5.2L has never been off (95K) and
still works fine. I beat it on the 1/4mi and the street on a regular basis.
The R/T shaft failed due to a poor installation at a 5 Star dealer.

Just my 5.9 cents worth........

Gene & Renee Rivers
99 R/T, CC, DA
http://www.mopars.net