Oil properties

From: ScottH216@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 16:12:04 EST

<< stuff like Slik-50 I've always tried to avoid. Teflon may be good on a
frying pan, but I don't want those particles floating around in my engine. >>

I believe DuPont is the maker of Teflon, and I've read a report from them
specifically advising *against* using any Teflon additive in an internal
combustion engine. I think they would stand to make money by endorsing it, if
using it had any merit. They probably have something about it on the Dupont
website (if they have one).

Those additives sure look tempting, but if you use a quality synthetic oil,
you shouldn't need any.

Scott (a young 36)
'94 Dakota 318 - 15.24 @ 89
'68 Camaro 355 - 12.02 @ 112