Re: RE: RE: LSD in light snow

From: Dave Scelfo (macncheesemonster@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 15:54:18 EST

> What about the new Gearless Locker from Detroit. Has anyone tried one
>of
>these? Does a locker wear out your rear tires faster than normal? ( and I
>don't mean from the need to keep your foot buried to the floor). As far as
>the limited slip in the snow... I LOVE IT! I've driven many other pickups
>in
>the snow, and all with open diffs. Bob was right, it's just different in
>the
>way you will drive. I would definitely recommend it...

Locking diffs usually lead to extra wear on the rear tires (in difference
degrees). LSD being the most mild, followed by a locker, followed by a
spool or welded or leaded diff. Sometimes the wheels just gotta turn at
difference speeds, its not a matter of traction.... turning comes to mind...
  Its a give and take relationship ;)

--
Dave