Re: New Dakota equals new member!

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 12:08:59 EST

Ron-

15.40's stock! That's pretty exciting to learn. I have only driven it the
60 miles home from the dealer in the rain so I haven't had too much of a
chance to appreciate the performance. On the test drive I got on it pretty
hard though when I could find some dry pavement. Felt nearly as responsive
as the 85 Rustang I had with the 5.0L TBI. That car ran 15.3's at Palmdale
(3000 feet). I think that equates to like 14.7's at Sea Level.

Handling seems really stout. In the trucks I looked at it was strange.
The SLT+ seemed like a better performance package than the Sports without
the Tire and Handling package. For less money you get all the goodies plus
MUCH better tires and a rear stabilizer bar. Couldn't figure it out. I
kept seeing Sports for 2K more money and none of them matched the SLT+ in
what I wanted. The chrome grill will just have to grow on me! Actually, I
kind of like it on the Dak's while I don't like on it the Ram's at all.

I will probably have a performance muffler put on this week, or a full
catback. May do the fresh air intake too, but that's it for mods. I tend
to do those mods on all my vehicles under the theory that it's cheap power
and mileage. I also like to hear the exhaust. Although, bonestock this is
a great sounding truck!

Steve Ekstrand, Pasadena, CA Driver: '00 Dakota CC SLT+ 4.7L 3.92SG 255's
Stacey's Driver: '00 Inferno Red Intrepid ES-3.2L-24V Autostick w/Leather
Race Car: 69 1/2 Road Runner 440-6 (ex-NHRA SS/GA future B or C/SA???)
Project Car: 69 Barracuda Notchback (Orig. 318, now 360w/Edelbrock Heads)
Homepage: http://sites.netscape.net/professormopar/homepage