Re: Re: Octane Booster Advice

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 13:57:34 EST

Mild correction: "Stock motors" without head/intake/cam work NO!!! - Not
exactly...what if you're running NO2, or a Blower on a stock motor like
some of us with our "stock motors". Saying "NO" to a stock motor is
correct to a point though. And as for the higher octane eating up O2
sensors and cats...that used to happen...but haven't seen that happen since
the late '80's. If you read the labels of the Octane Boosters, they are
required to state if they are "Safe for O2 sensors and Catalytic controlled
vehicles" or not. I know of two that are not safe...found that out the
hard way.

- Bernd