Re: funky tach

From: Frank Johnson (frankwjohnson@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 16:50:09 EST

Kinda sounds like a problem i had with the tach on my motorcycle. It
wouldn't read quite right all the time, and would be "jerky" like you
descibe.
My fix was to replace the cable running from the tach gauge to the engine.
I have no idea where the sensor in the Dak is located/connected to though,
sorry. But hopefully it's just a cable problem, and should be a fairly
cheap fix.
The only other possibility that i can think of is maybe there is a loose
wire/ground for the tach. That would definitely affect the gauge as you
descibed.
Good luck,

Frank WJ