Re: funky tach

From: V8dakLECC@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 18:18:26 EST

FWIW - I've had the same exact problem in my dak for a while now!

Don't know what to do about it though.

In the 92 (et. al. I assume) the tach signal is generated in the SBEC (mine
has the problem with either stock SBEC or MP-SBEC so its not an SBEC
problem). The signal from the SBEC goes to a tachometer interface module
(small PC board) mounted in the back of the instrument cluster. This module
provides the electrical signal to drive the tachometer itself. I'm guessing
that there is a mechanical problem in the tach (dried out bushing, etc.)
causing the problem, but I haven't gotten to look into mine.

Richard Lewis
92 LE CC, 318, Auto.