RE: DML Why do I drive a Dak?

From: Jeremiah Siembida (hemimopar426@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 18:22:22 EST

DML'ers, I never was a Dak man before I bought mine. I was a 99 Chevy
Silverado kind of man. I wanted one so bad. I saw mine for sale on my
base, and I thought, "My, that's cool. V-8 power, auto OD, and 4X4. Black,
good color, club cab, which is indispensable, and cd..." The price was
right, too. I paid 14,500$ for my Black 96 Dak Sport CC 4x4. Auto OD, cd,
buckets, AC, Sure Grip, cruise and all the necessary items. No power
windows or locks though. Just the essentials, and 46 grand on the clock.
Well-maintained, and clean; minus the stone chips in the rocker panels. I
bought it off of a Colonel in the Air Force, as I am in, too. He was so
nice,a nd kept it for me, in his driveway, and took the for sale signs off,
while I rounded up the cash, which took a month and a half. Thanks, Dave!

She's fast, and rides and rives nicely. 4WD on command, and power to spare.
  I have added an MSD 6AL/Blaster 2 ignition/coil combo, and have plans for
the MP computer, new headers, a cat back exhaust(which is hard to find with
split rear exit of my 96. Any tips on who makes a dual catback system?) a
MP roller cam, and possibly in the future a BUILT 440 big block.....
ROCK on, Dak Maniaks!