Re: funky tach

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 20:38:20 EST

I've got the same tach problem in mine. Sometimes it will idle about 200
rpms lower than it should. I've noticed no change in engine speed at all
though. I can even watch it going down the highway doing 65. Some days the
thing will jerk down 200 rpms, stay there for a while, and then jerk back
up. I'm almost positive this is a wire/gauge problem----not an engine
problem.
On a related subject - can anyone else run 70mph down the highway and only
run 2000 rpms? I think my 31" tires are the reason for this--not that I'm
complaining. I've gotton upwards of 23mpg on road trips.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6