RE: 00 Dak Idle Search, Shift Light, ignition switch light.

From: Ian Pennington (honkyburger@linkwave.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 21:02:12 EST

I asked the same question a little while ago, and it seems that most of the
new 4.7's with manual trans don't have the shift light, mine doesn't. I'm
glad there's no shift light too. My ignition switch doesn't light up either
like my Ram did. Also, I did stall once at a traffic light because of the
idle problem, very embarrassing when the light turned green. The 4.7 and
factory exhaust are so quiet that I didn't even know that it had stalled,
especially since I had the radio on. Now that the engine has 500+ miles on
it I haven't had any more stalling problems.

Mike