RE: 00 Dak Idle Search, Shift Light, ignition switch light.

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 22:29:32 EST

I dont think we are finding anyone with the 'halo' light working on the 4.7's
because for the most part they
are on trucks that aren't stripped. If you get the light convenience group,
then the interior light stays on
until you insert the key and turn it. Therefore I guess they deemed the halo
light unnecessary.
Thats just a semi-scientific wild-assed guess on my part....

---- prior post --

From: "Curt Coulter" <curt@cjnetworking.com>
Subject: RE: DML: 00 Dak Idle Search, Shift Light, ignition switch light.

Exactly what I was thinking and why I asked. I don't think the shift light
was intended to work on the 2000 4.7 5spd, I haven't found anyone so far
that has one that does, but the "fried board" comment had me wondering
again. Could be a clueless dealer service dept (aren't too many of those
around right? ;-)

That'd be cool to make the halo work... if there is even any of the
internals necessary.

- snip ---