Re: 00 Dak Idle Search, Shift Light, ignition switch light.

From: Darren Asuncion (dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 23:36:05 EST

    Well I took my Dak to the dealer up here about the Halo light once,
they put a new bulb in it but it still didn't work. Then they rudely told
me that there is no Halo light wiring on my truck, and refused to wire one
in for me even though I offered to pay for the wiring (not warranty). I
took a look at it myself just because of curiousity, the halo light is in
there, just needs wiring. Turns out the 1999 FSM doesn't even show
anything about the halo light, other than the switch in the ignition switch
which turns on the headlight-on and key-in-ignition buzzer. I need to find
a 1997, 1998 or possibly an older one to see how those were wired up from
the factory. Then I will buy the necessary parts and wire my Dak up the
same way. Hehe, its not like I really NEED this Halo Light, just bugs me
that something doesn't work on my beloved Dak. Anyone here have any
additional suggestions?

-Darren in AK

'99 Intense Blue Dak CC Sport + 4x4, 5.2 V8 auto, 3.55 lsd
http://www.geocities.com/dakotaguy1999/dakota.html