Re: 4x4 on highway?

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 11:08:23 EST

I'm sure you already know this but I've gotta say it! Remember,
4X4 DOESN'T HELP YOU STOP ANY FASTER!!! Personally, I'd leave her in 2X,
if I did come upon a hill or situation that my rears couldn't handle, then
I'd put her in 4X. I personally drove over 200 miles at 40mph on
hardpacked snow and Ice and never needed the 4X. Good Luck and DRIVE
SAFELY!

>Well, This afternoon i'm going on a trip about 250 miles-400km.
>Obviously on the highway. Thing is, if you've been watchin the news the
>whole area is going through a snowstorm right now (Midwest US and
>Southwest
>Ontario).
>I'm thinkin that they will have the highway mostly clear but with quite a

>few patchy spots. I would like to leave the Dak in 4x4 for the whole
>way,
>but what do you all think?
>If the only problem that results is some extra wear on the tires, that's
>no
>big deal cause i'm probably gonna get a new set this spring/summer.
>But is there any possibility that any other damage will occur? Gears,
>axle
>whatever?
>
>TIA,
>
>Frank WJ

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
http://www.geocities.com/natedak2k
00 Dakota CC 4X4, 5-speed, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"