Re: funky tach

From: MrDakota95@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 16:28:28 EST

In a message dated 02/16/2000 3:38:46 PM Central Standard Time,
fast4x4@bellsouth.net writes:

<<

 I've been watching my tach closely lately, it'll idle down around 400rpm,
 but the motor sounds closer to 650-700rpms.. and if i gently raise the revs,
 the needle starts to jerk a lil bit as it rises.. I'm guessing that the
 tach pickup is run off the crank(or cam?) positions sensor... could this be
 a sign of it going south?

Mine does the same thing also sometimes I start the truck and it just sits on
0 but 5 minutes later it's working fine.? Go figure

MrDakota95