RE: NEW NOISES????

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2000 - 17:37:46 EST

> OK, Gibson headers installed, Gibson split-rear cat-back
> installed, and
> now whenever I accellerate I get this weird "rattling" sound.
> As far as I
> know, everything is tight... Any ideas on what this could
> be??? It seems to
> be coming from underneath the cab. The system soundss great,
> but what the
> hell with new noises??? That infamous engine "tick" was bad
> enough! Also is
> it normal for it to smell strange too? I guess maybe all the
> extra flow lets
> out more fumes???

Does these noises sound like a bottle rolling around in a trash can, and
it's right under the cab.. Your cat is toast... Otherwise it could be a pipe
hitting the heatshields. The strange smell is the coating they put on the
pipes to prevent corrosion while in storage that is burning off. Cosmoline
if I recall.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ