Re: Cold air or hot?

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@vitelcom.net)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 09:48:57 EST

You're on the right track. Except for a functional ram air system, you can't
beat the open air in terms of flow. The hot air problem has been and will be
debated forever. I side-stepped the issue by removing about 18" from the
weatherstripping on the radiator support(seals the front of the hood). This
leaves a nice 18"X1" slot for cooler outside air to shoot straight to the air
filter while the truck is in motion. You'll have to clean bugs and road trash
off of the filter every so often but hey, that's telling you that it works.