Re: **-*Tire Sizes for '97 4x2**-*

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 15:38:54 EST

At 09:17 AM 2/20/00 PST, you wrote:

Hi, John

>I recently bought a 97 CC, 4X2. It came with 215/75/15 tires. My question
>is, can i put 225s or 235s /75/15s on without any problems?
>I'm not sure what width the rims are but i believe they are the typical 5
>star type aluminum ones for that year.

I'm running 235/75 x 15 on the stock 5 spoke 15 x 7 clearcoated rims. There
are no clearance problems and the tires sit inside the fender lip. If you
have the stock dual 5 spoke rims (typically they came with the handling
package option 15 x 8 rims), then they'll sit a bit outside the lip.
If you decide to go to the 235s as opposed to the stock 215s, you can get
a speedometer pinion gear from any Dodge parts dept. to adjust the speedometer
gauge to the 235s.

>I am looking at Bridgestone and Goodyears. Any advice on what would be good
>and reasonably priced anywhere in the T.O. area?

If you want to check out the Dunlop Radial Rovers, try any of the OK Tire
franchises. When I got mine a couple of years ago, they were about $20/tire
cheaper than the Bridgstones or Goodyears. They are a very good all-season
type of tire on dry/wet pavement and light amounts of snow, and were
given top rating by Consumer Reports back then.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.