Re: Right now I'd like to tear Dodge a new one......

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 20:01:20 EST

At 04:43 PM 2/19/00 , you wrote:

>I just got my 00 Dak last month and last week I got a little card in the
>mail telling me to call this 800 number for "information concerning my
>vehicle"

Are you sure this was from Dodge (DC)? Your purchase of a vehicle becomes a
matter of (very) public record and there are many companies that sell
extended warranties that will bombard you with mailings. These all are made
to look official, but none are from DC. The ones from DC make it very clear
who they are from and what they are trying to sell you. The others are very
deceptive. They are made to look official so they can get you on the phone
and hit you with a hard sell. You will get a bunch of these while your Dak
is new. Then they will slow down for a while. Then when your factory
warranty is about to run out they will hit you with a ton more. You can
just throw these away, or...if they have an 800 number, call it. Don't give
them any info about yourself, just tell them what scumbags you think they
are. The point is that they have to pay for the call. What's even better is
if they inclose one of those postage free return cards. Black out anything
that identifies you and drop it in the mail. They will have to pay postage.
I once heard that if you tape one of those to a brick they will have to pay
postage on that. I don't know if that's true or not but it would be funny.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
and I'm not even sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein