Off-Topic but important

From: Preacher (preacher@carolina.rr.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 11:52:06 EST

Everyone by now is sick of the Digital camera saga. Gladly, it's over....

This email is not about the camera, but about the company I ordered from,
Digital Kingdon in NYC.
( http://www.thedigitalkingdom.com )

They had outstanding prices and the salesman I talked to seemed
knowledgeable enough, so I ordered from their site. (JVC GR-DVM50U)

I specified 2 day air and paid $37.95 for shipping because I wanted it in
time for my anniversary this weekend. Didn't happen.
After waiting a week, I called (Spent 1/2 hour on hold with the shipping
department waiting for a human voice before I called back and found out that
there were no customer service/shipping people in on weekends, only
salesmen) and they said they didn't have my order confirm number in the
computer, didn't have my name on file and had not charged my credit card.
(Working for the bank has advantages!) I called and found that they DID
charge my card! So these guys had my $1100.00 for a week, a week that I was
paying interest and had nothing to show for it!. I called the company back,
the salesman said that he could not do anything but would have a manager
call me.
Didn't happen.
I called again this morning and was given the run around, they said a
manager would call me back within the hour.
Didn't happen.
Called back and threw a fit! They woke up some joker who was able to read so
he could give me a tracking number. It was shipped ground (5-7 days) two
days after I ordered it! Now I am a patient guy, but I was pissed. I got the
guys name and number and told him that I would expect a refund for the
shipping and that he would hear from me if it wasn't processed today (Did I
already say it's nice to work for the bank sometimes?). I also sent an email
to the company listing the chain of events.
My suggestion? Don't shop at the Digital Kingdom unless you like heartburn
and never if you are in a hurry!

Preacher
Webmaster: http://www.bastaards.org
Owner: http://www.onelist.com/community/BASTAARDS