RE: RE: Cargo Bar!!!!

From: Brown, Mike (CAD) (MBrown@ciena.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 13:51:05 EST

Mike,

        The basis of my statement was not meant for argumentative purposes, but rather for informational
purposes. (Sorry if you or anyone else is offended) To answer you question...I read the brochure,
and asked my Line-X rep if this were true. He had some samples if each and rubbed them together to
prove to me the brochure was in fact correct. After rubbing the two samples together,
(which was said to be a Rhino...) Brand-X was starting to show signs of wear. "Flaking" kind of like sandpaper.
Now I understand Rhino has a lifetime warranty, and for that matter so does Line-X. More importantly is
the thickness at which each is applied. Rhino liners must be applied thicker than the Line-X, therefore "bolt-on" accessories will fit WITHOUT modifying the liner. A good example would be the "Roll & Lock" cover from
California Concepts. I spoke with the rep before I decided on which spray in liner and he recommended the Line-X.
He said "the Rhino would have to be grinded down in order to fit the slide rails for the Roll & Lock cover".
This is why I decided to go with Line-X. However, I do agree with you "it's really
more a matter of personal preference than anything else."

        The cost for a 6' bed under the rail is $350, over the rail $375.

-Mike Brown
Pasadena, Md.