Re: Re: Drag-talk

From: Sean Bruckman (bruckman@urisp.com)
Date: Tue Feb 22 2000 - 17:07:15 EST

I'm just assuming you're referring to my comments. I know there are AWD drag
cars...and i have a profound respect for most AWD vehicles...i'm just
stating that traction in the straight-line, however better, is not as good
as a car that can lift it's front wheels off the ground (reducing rolling
resistance) and dig in with some huge slicks.

I consider AWD vehicles (and 4x4's for that matter) to be superior in many
ways (such as cornering) over 2WD machines. I drive a 2WD dakota because it
was cheaper and lighter. BTW, that awesome picture of the JGC doing the 4WD
burnout you refer to was staged with the jeep chained between two other
vehicles. =)

Sean Bruckman